Our floors can be floated, stapled, or glued down.
BEFORE YOU START
Download the Subfloor and Installation Preparation Instructions here (read time: 5 minutes)
Download the Floating Installation Instructions here (read time: 5 minutes)
Download the Staple-Down Installation Instructions here (read time: 5 minutes)
Download the Glue-Down Installation Instructions here (read time: 5 minutes)
Room and material temperature should remain between 55°-85° F. DO NOT acclimate Kährs flooring, open cartons only as you need them.
The Subfloor must be: FIRM with no movement. FLAT within 1/8" over an 8 foot radius. FREE of moisture and debris.
If you’ve installed a hardwood floor before, you’ll probably just need a few tips to make the floor installation easier:
- First, calculate how many boards you need for the room’s width. If the width of the last row measures less than 3", rip the boards to be used in the first row in half.
- Open a few packs and mix up the boards to get a good color distribution. Check the boards for any defects.
- Use proper tools for installation.
- Engage long edge first at a 30° angle or less.
- Use Kährs knocking block to ensure proper locking of the short joints.
- Tap boards on the middle core, never the wear layer.
- Make sure there are end joints in each row.
- Ensure that there are is a 20" (5/8" & 1/2" products) or 12" (1/4" products) stagger of the end joints in adjacent rows.
- Trim the final board to the right length and start the next row with cut-off piece.